We present this original recipe for Sweet Potato Custard and, of course, CAROB locust bean gum.
Locust bean gum comes from the heart of the carob bean. And from health and originality comes this unique and delicious recipe prepared by the nutritional coach Cati Palou.
- 400 ml of vegetable milk
- 1 large sweet potato steamed or baked
- 2 tablespoon of panela or coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of CAROB locust bean gum
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of cardamom
- In a blender 200 ml of vegetable milk, the sweet potato and the coconut or panela sugar. Beat well until you get a very fine cream.
- In a saucepan over medium heat put the contents of the blender plus the other glass of milk and mix it well.
- When you have integrated it, add the locust bean gum, the cinnamon and the cardamom.
- With a rod you are stirring and when you see that it is thickening, turn off the fire.
- In a few jars, pour the cream and let it cool in the fridge.
Serve with toppings on top, such as sliced almonds, grated coconut, cocoa nibs or whatever you like best.
Cati Palou nutritional coach
Cati is in love with health and physical and mental well-being.
She has trained in naturopathy, acupuncture, bioenergetic restoration or acupuncture without needles, orthomolecular nutrition, energy and naturopathic nutrition, as well as nutritional coaching, kinesiology and biomagnetic pairs. To close the circle of well-being, she has completed the “Master in 70% raw vegetarian food and cooking”.
She writes articles for different blogs and magazines and collaborates in two weekly radio programs: Al Dia on IB3 Ràdio, the regional radio station of the Balearic Islands and on Ultima Hora Radio on the program Today I feel good.
More information on her website www.catipalou.com